The life and times of an ethnically ambiguous little lady.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

B'scuse Me, Corporate Job?!

We interrupt any updates of my travels abroad (in case you care) to bring you this moment of B'scuse Me?! . . .

Let me preface this rant by telling you that I like my job. I like the fact that having a job enables me to eat regularly and have a place to live that is not made out of cardboard.

But sometimes I feel like God or "the man" is having a little fun at my expense. I specifically felt that way this morning, when I opened up my email to find a message from Human Resources:

Have you ever tried to make a balloon animal?
Come learn the art of balloon sculpting with Nick the Balloonatic.
Date:Thursday, August 30 at 1:30, 2nd floor conference room

Really? This what they're providing to help us blow off that corporate steam? And Nick is a balloon "sculptor"? That title is right up there with McDonalds' "crew member" and Toyota's "new vehicle advisor."

I'm just glad to know that my bonus is being used for a good cause. I'm also thinking maybe I should work in HR. They certainly seem to have a sense of humor.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home