The life and times of an ethnically ambiguous little lady.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Few Musical Gems

Listening to my iPod this morning, I realized that the producer Timbaland is amazing. The man can make anyone sound good, even Omarian. Somewhere in the middle of Omarian's song "Ice Box" he whispers, "I'm so cold, I'm so cold, I'm so cold" and it doesn't even make me want to punch him in the head.

He's helped make Justin Timberlake cool. I mean, the guy started out in a boy band for crying out loud!

I bet he could even make Kenny G. the next big thing. Give Timbaland one album of his to produce, and I swear he'll be all over the news: Kenny G. is out partying too much, Kenny G. isn't wearing any panties, etc., etc. That's right, Timbaland can make us care about Kenny G.

In other musical news, listening to Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get it On" on your way to work, can put you in a very weird mood.

I hope you're reading these musical journalistic gems, Rolling Stone. I have a lot more insight where this came from (or at least a comparable amount to those kids on the new MTV reality show "I'm From Rolling Stone..." . URGH.)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen the Felon said...

I dunno...totally with you on Timbaland, even if he is named after my snowboots...but I draw the line at Kenny G.

8:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

10:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home